Monday, March 3, 2008

random thoughts in my head quickly more thought things tomorrow or the next day

Blogging…what an interesting event it is..

Now mind you I am never going to be able to do this for money, or maybe never even do this and complete grammatically correct sentences. But I am doing this right now….so pat stops bugging me…….

Now that is pat is all wrapped in the upcoming baseball season…not much else is happening in our room…well almost nothing else…zing!

Well as he gears up for baseball this is a very exciting time for myself as well, not only it is time for another baseball season where my heart can be broken, but it is almost time for hockeys second season.

Yes that’s right im going to talk some hockey on this blog before I get to the phillies….suck it fligs…

Ok flash back to last year…the flyers sucked….its like they ripped out my heart stabbed it and then replaced it with a pig heart so I could survive…but not love…having the worst team in the league is nothing new to us Philadelphia fan yet it does not make it any easier

I had to stop watching hockey and just walk away, it was too hard to watch a team that didn’t even have a chance every night…pat imagine the red sox soo bad you couldn’t even watch them, I know its hard but just imagine its too painful to watch, that was the spring of my freshman year. Growing up I had a hockey team that was good enough that I have always expirenced playoff hockey in my memory. Yes I know im spoiled but get over it.


Anyway come summer Mr. Gm made some amazing moves that had me excited about hockey again. And let me tell you I have enjoyed the season even with the 10 game losing streak, every game seems to bring something different. Now I don’t expect a Stanley cup this year but I hope for one in the near future……please….

Ok now onto what pat will probably skip down to first….BASEBALL

The phillies on paper are just as good as they are last year, I do not think the rowand subtraction can hurt this team that much in the long run, however there are a few things that scare me about this team.

  1. Pitching- Our starting rotation all have their problems. Hamels-Health, Myers-Consistency, Moyer-Age, Kendrick- can he do it again? I guess the best scenario at this point is for I guess eaton to give us 3-4 quality starts in April have a horrible one leading to Kris Benson coming back healthy. I think if Benson can come back healthy and effectively they will be a ok in my book
  2. Pitching the bullpen edition- A lot right now relies on the knee and brain of brad lidge, I think the phillies made the right move in acquiring him, however I still have mixed thoughts. I think the combo of him Gordon and Romero could be if all clicking a highly effective end of the bullpen.
  3. Pat Burrell- The phillies hopes could rest on which pat burrell we see, the one from the end of the seasons, or the one from the first half. Due to t-shirt rules I must cheer for him in the opening week of the season. I think he might be on track this year and if the theory of adrain beltre holds through in this pat burrell contract year anything can happen….

Well that’s all for now hopefully I will still be alive after the concert and I will blog again I must formulate more thoughts I was unprepared

Until next time

POOOOP

No comments: