Sunday, June 17, 2007

If we are PTI which one of us is Black?

Todays blog is brought to you by the semi colon

Sorry for the lapse in blog like my friend pat said I have been in Israel for the past ten days and let me say it’s an amazing place. To think that fifty years ago everything was desert is amazing. Anyway onto the matter at hand the up and down Philadelphia Phillies. There are a few things I would like to address.

I would like to create a new rule; the phillies are not allowed to trade for pitchers. I will use two case studies, Kevin Millwood and Freddy Garcia. At the time I loved both of these trades. We received a quality starting pitcher for appeared to be nothing. WRONG! Lets examine the Kevin Millwood trade. Kevin Millwood for that slow poke Johnny Estrada. At the time I loved it, he was a guy coming off a twenty win season for a back up catcher. However, at the time I forgot who my starting catcher was Mike I don’t know my pitchers pitches Leibertahl. Not only did the trade make me sit through 3 more years of this guy, it also made me watch Kevin Millwood I am not sure which was worse. And this whole Freddy Garcia deal may turn out to be a huge stinker. Paul Abbot had the same number of wins that’s all im going to say.

Ok so I went to the game Friday night and here are a few thoughts I had at the game for you all to nibble on. …

  1. Pat you should have asked where the girls behind us were from…you blew it worse then mitch Williams in 1993…

  1. J.C. Romero and Joel Pinero aren’t an upgrade. ARE YOU F***ING Serious!”?!?! How can you make that statement and trot out Jose Table? Does anyone else not see that this makes no sense. It is one of the most brain dead moves by a gm ever. Take a chance they were on waivers it wouldn’t even cost them anything to get the two pitchers.

  1. However, if the Phillies get Myers and Gordon back they may actually have a decent bullpen. I think they would be one arm away unless Joe Table and Alfonseca find the fountain of youth and pretend its 1996 all over again. You have Mesa and Alfonseca, Geary, and Madison for the 6th and 7th, Gordon setting up like he did in new york, and Myers your closer putting the game away. I think you need one more arm that doesn’t make me add a run to the other teams score immediately when they are brought in and we might have a shot.

  1. One of these days Pat Burrell will get hot it’s for those two days you must trade him. Pat Gillick this is my one job for you, you can even pass on pitching just get rid of that bum Pat Burrell I will take a ham sandwich. He needs to get off the team, you can platoon Jason Wearth, Dobbs, Robertson, And Bourn in the outfield I would take that for the rest of the season I really would.

  1. The sandwich was good pat….screw Kosher

  1. Do we really need to trade Aaron Rowand, if we could swindle a team for a pitcher for Burrell it would be amazing. I think Rowand is a key piece to this team and I don’t want to see us lose him. However because Gillick is our GM it doesn’t look like we have a choice. He plays hard, cares, and at the moment he is actually hitting which is a good thing. I really don’t want to see him go.

  1. You really blew it with those girls pat

  1. I really hope soon Howard can hit for average I don’t know how long I can see 1 for 5 with a home run. I want the Ryan Howard from last year he is trying to do to much right now and I think its hurting the team. I blame part of this on the team not signing him. I think he knows he has his first big pay day coming up after the season and is trying to repeat last year. However, I do not know if he can do that again. He can come close but I think he just has to play his game a relax. I think the idea of going to arbitration for money is in the back of his head and he is playing for the money. Even if we were stuck with him into his decline we should have signed him long term, now money is in his head and he can’t hit for shit.

  1. I cant wait to be sucked in 1500000 more times by this team…its going to be a long summer

All I know is if no moves are made…I officially know that I would make a better GM then Pat Gillick

Until next time peace ya’all stay human!

No comments: